AutoCAD add-on that enables shading design and energy gain calculations within AutoCAD's model space model environment, using time simulation with advanced high precision solar positioning algorithm.
Solar package is an irreplaceable tool for professionals who deal with solar energy gains like Architects, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers for a vast range of applications ranging from:
- Preliminary study of the site's shading from surrounding buildings and the horizon.
- Optimizing the orientation of a solar panel unit or array.
- Design a glazing's shader to function at specific requirements throughout the year.
- Calculate the daily solar energy gains for a glazing or the all the building's glazings as a group.
- Compare gains between up to 5 cases of glazing sets (one or more surfaces with possibly different orientation and shading) results of Shading Performance Analysis silumation, using a customizable spreadsheet graph, at any time/day of the simulation.
This add-on adds a new drop down menu on AutoCAD's menu bar enabling the following commands:
- Simulate the shade cast by 3D objects using an interactive time clock for any given time.
- Perform a shading qualitative analysis of a shader's design using annual-time simulation and export tabulated values for numerical values of energy gains or normalized values.
- Draw the solar path for a full 12 month period on disc, orthogonal coordinates or 3D spherical grid.
- Draw the shade trail of a point for a given day of the year.
- Draw the shade of point on plan or on oriented cross section for a specified time of the year.
- Export information of the site's energy potential for any given day.
Solar add-on is designed to function with the capabilities:
- Ability to define your working site using graphical map, embedded city database or user defined values
- Advanced high precision solar positioning algorithm.
- Able to work on projects at any site on the globe.
- Take account of the site's horizon shading mask if required.
- Adjustable precision calculations that extend up to 1 minute simulation intervals.
- User controlled model complexity using simple AutoCAD 3D entities.
- Measurable results at all times within AutoCAD's 3D model space environment.
- Ability to work on 3D and 2D drawing projects.
- Able to export tabulated numerical results as Office Spreadsheets.
- Ongoing development.
How to get Solar
The Solar package is currently undergoing the final adjustments before releasing as a beta version.
If you are interested to participate on beta testing, please contact us by e-mail HERE.